Monday, August 28, 2006



Can Kindergarten be the beginning of the end?
Well, today is the big day. It is Jude's first day of elementary school. He will be an official kindergartner. They grow so fast. I mean as of today he will be in school for the nest thriteen years straight, then college. His teachers are going to see him more than us. What is that about? I am up at 6am picking out his first day of school outfit, making breakfast for Jude and Jared, paking his lunch abd backpack. Can you say anxiety? I mean who is the nervous one here? I think Jude is dying to get away from me:( He said he is very excited but a littel nervous. He will be great! He is the most socialable child as far as listening I am a little nervous. He said he cannot wait to learn new things but I am afaird he might learn the wrong kind of things. Last week we went to a group meeting to meet his teacher and see his class room. Why did Jude have to make friends with the worse kid in the room. You can see this kid is going to be trouble and ofcourse Jude befriends him. They already have a little click formed. They both got in trouble and it was not event he first day of school yet. They both kepy running around the class and the teacher and myself told them to stop twice. Did they listen? Damn, I was like shit the teacher already labeled him as a terror, I bet. But in his defense how the hell do expect kids to sit quiet in a hour and a half meeting. I mean give them some thing to do.
I was sitting with four parents who were spanish and american families. I started looking around the room and the other tables had all Asian families. Why is it that it was only our table the kids were under the table, laughing, running, etc. I looked over at the Asian families all of the kids were so well behaved and sitting there so quietly. I was like "man, what is your secret?" I like that Jude's school is mostly Asian. I think they are good influences academically and morally. They have respect for their elders and so forth. I don't knwo if it is a culture thing, but they definitely are raised differently. I don't know if they whip them, take away the tv, or what, but it works.

In all honesty I know Jude will do well and be very well behaved. When he was in preschool the teacher sang praises about him. I would also say, "are you sure?" "My kid?" It seems Jude behaves a lot better when I am not around. Go figure.. He loves to learn and do art projects. He will also be taking Catonese and Spanish. We will see how much can handle because he will also be playing soccer int he fall. When did children's lives become so hectic? The older he gets the more busier I become.
Well, cheers to Jude and his first day of school. We love you son...

1 comment:

TDawg said...

must be genetic. Jared likes to misbehave to show off when you're around too. Could just be a guy thing...sorry I forgot to call, I'll call tonight to see how the big day went