Thursday, October 12, 2006




THE ESCAPE ARTIST . . . . . . .

This is a picture of my sweet island "Jamaica".

My husband recently sent me an article about this family who picked up their whole life and moved to Fiji with their kids. It is an amazing article. It is exactly what we have envisioned for ourselves one day. Can you imagine escaping the hectic every day life of the stressful rat race? That would be our dream. Your pace of life is much slower and forget maps, agendas, and planning. That does not exsist in the islands. My childhood was based off of that kind of living and I loved it. It was the best childhood a child can dream of. No sega, nintendo, playstation, McDonalds, Burger king, cell phones, texting, etc. Being a kid consist of climbing trees, playing tag, going down to the river, bamboo rafting, or just chillin on your veranda drinking the best lemonade that Ruby made.

In this article this couple took their two kids ( one was 7 and one was 13 yrs old) and moved to Fiji. They had no plan but they gave themselves ten days to figure it out. The kids were so homesick. They wanted to go back to LA to hang out with their no good friends, but that was not happening. The spoiled little rats got over it fast. They settled in Fiji and it took awhile to adjust, but it worked. Ten years later their kids are so culturally diversed, educated, respect the enviroment and just your typical mellow island kids. I think they are away in college now. You have to read the article for yourself. It was exactly what Jared and I plan to do in five years.

I have experienced this life and it is much better on the soul. I want it back so badly that I can taste it. I do not understand people getting island fever. I know I certainly get CITY fever. Put Jared and I on a nice white sand beach with hot sun, good food, mountains and friendly faces. We are fine. That is all we really need. Some times I think to myself, is Jared really from Boston? Because that man has the island soul in him. He is an American that can fit into any surrounding. When I take him home to Jamaica he is so comfortable and every one just adores him. He is definitely very different from most. That is what I love about him. We share the same passions and dreams.

Please read this article: http://www.escapeartist.com/efam/77/Living_In_Fiji.html

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful picture of your country. .your countrymen and women are welcome in our home anytime. You're blog is #1.

YanYan said...

JAW:

You are so sweet... I might have to jump your bones when you come home..

It is your country too:)

Anonymous said...

such vulgarity for a public blog!!!